- 3-Way Adjustable Hood ensures a snug fit and visibility
- Roll Up Hood with a hook-and-loop tab fastens the hood in place, preventing it from flapping
- Weather resistant Aqua-Tect Zipper keeps out water in a lightweight form
- Reflective Tape and Reflective Logo increase visibility at night
- Original Sewing Pattern allows unrestricted arm movement
- Articulated Arm improves fit and allow for dynamic movement
- Bonded Hem saves weight and prevents water retention
- Adjustable Alpine Cuffs helps keep wind and snow out
- Hem Adjuster quickly cinches the hem and helps shut out cold air
- Fully seam sealed
- Smart Sewing Technology reduces weight by cutting extra fabric away from seams
- 1 zippered chest pocket
- Stuff sack included
|Weight||7.3 oz (208 g)|
Water resistance: 50,000mm
Breathability: 80,000 g/ m²/ 24 hrs (JIS L-1099 B-1 method)
|Compressed size||3.3 x 3.3 x 5.9 in (9 x 9 x 15 cm)|
|Country of origin||MYANMAR|
|Center back length||28.7 in (73 cm)|
|Other||Front zipper: Right hand insert|
rain wear guide
Peak Dry Shell Material Information
This product is made without a face fabric, uniquely constructed with the waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® membrane as the outer layer.
To avoid exposing the outer layer to friction, keep your backpack as lightweight as possible to avoid exposing the outer layer to friction. When the fabric is exposed to friction it can develop a shiny appearance. Although this has no effect on the performance of the membrane, applying excessive friction to the membrane may cause fabric ripping and result in water penetration. DO NOT place this product near sharp objects or apply excessive force.
Due to the unique construction of the Peak Dry Shell, Montbell recommends that additional care and maintenance be taken with your Peak Dry Shell.
Because the outer layer of jacket lacks a face fabric, the waterproof/breathable membrane is exposed. One characteristic of the membrane is that it will readily absorb oil, including sunscreen, cosmetics, the oils that our bodies naturally produce, etc.
To keep your jacket performing as long as possible, Montbell recommends washing your jacket more frequently than you would a standard rain jacket.
The Peak Dry Shell can be cared for at home in the washing machine, but we do recommend taking some extra steps.
Wash the Peak Dry Shell using warm water on a gentle/delicate cycle with zippers closed and using a net. The net will help protect the membrane from friction. Tumble dry on normal heat or line dry in the shade.
Cut from a single piece of fabric, K-MONO CUT drastically reduces the amount of seam lines eliminating areas where water can penetrate, promoting the jacket to be waterproof and lightweight. This innovative pattern is based on Montbell's philosophy of "Ki-no-bi" which is a Japanese term for "Function is Beauty".
< WATERPROOF > Reducing the amount of seam lines eliminates areas where water can penetrate the jacket.
< LIGHTWEIGHT > Minimizing the amount of seam lines and tapes reduces the jacket's final weight.